Does your skin feel red and irritated often? If so, you may be struggling with rosacea. This condition can be difficult to deal with alone. Thankfully, our team at Sagebrush Dermatology is ready to help. We can provide anti-inflammatory medication to help ease your symptoms and get you back to feeling great again. Schedule a consultation at our Mesa, Arizona office today.
What Causes Rosacea?
Scientists are still unsure of what causes rosacea. However, several studies have revealed important clues as to what may trigger this condition. Findings suggest that:
- Rosacea runs in families.
- It may be triggered by an immune system reaction to a bacteria called bacillus oleronius.
- An intestinal bug called H pylori may be involved in the onset of this condition.
- A common mite called demodex could have something to do with it.
- A protein that usually protects the skin from infection, cathelicidin, may cause redness and swelling in relation to this condition.
What Are the Signs?
Facial redness, red bumps (sometimes with pus), and skin irritation are the most common signs of this issue. Some people may experience ocular rosacea too. This subset is characterized by inflammation and bumps around the eyes. In both cases, the condition may feel very uncomfortable and be hard to look at.
Treatments for Rosacea
At Sagebrush Dermatology, we offer anti-inflammatory treatments to address the symptoms of this condition. This short-circuits the signaling pathways that contribute to inflammation, redness, bumpiness, and flushing.
Schedule Treatment for Rosacea in Mesa, Arizona
If you’re struggling with the redness and irritation caused by rosacea, anti-inflammatory treatments may be a great option. At Sagebrush Dermatology, we offer effective treatment plans that can control your symptoms. Schedule an appointment at our Mesa, Arizona office today by filling out the form below or giving us a call at 480-681-DERM (3376).